Sometimes all you need to feel warm and cozy is a nice cup (or pot) of tea!
It’s always an added bonus when what you are nourishing your mind and spirit with, is also nourishing your body.
Here are the health benefits of this tea:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts immune system (loaded with Vitamin C)
- Anti-tumor properties
- Prevents kidney stones
- High in fiber
- Prevents ulcers
- Antibacterial – prohibits the growth of certain bacteria.
- Eliminates free radicals in the body.
- Part of the nutrient supply for growth of new tissue.
- It destroys biologically destructive chemical agents which have been linked to many diseases.
- Antiviral and Antibacterial
- Eliminates toxins
- Reduces inflammation
- Nausea relief
- Stimulates circulation
- Anti Microbial
- Blood Sugar Regulator
- Source of fibre and calcium
- Boosts cognitive function and brain activity
This ‘Tea in a Jar’ makes a fabulous (and inexpensive) gift as well.
Add a little rafia or ribbon around the jar with a note saying “Add 1-2 Tbsp to Water. Sip. Enjoy.” for the perfect touch!
What you need:
- 1 Orange
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1 inch chunk of fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (less if freshly grated)
- 1/4 tsp cloves or all spice
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 250 ml Mason Jar + lid
3. Add Orange slices to jar and mix with honey. Squish slices with spoon to allow juice to come out.
4. Add spices and grate ginger into jar. Continue to mix.
5. Add 1-2 tbsp of Orange Spice Tea into boiled water.
6. Take a long deep breath, relax and savor each sip.
Store covered in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
The flavors will intensify the longer it sits.
Keep adding to the jar as it gets low.