It’s apple season in North America right now and what a better way to enjoy them: sliced, baked and seasoned with cinnamon.
What You Need:
- 2 Apples
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg or All Spice
- 1 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar (optional)
Please please please do not use brown or white sugar. This snack should be enjoyed purely guilt free, and adding these unhealthy sugars definitely will miss this mark.
How to make them:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees F
- Core out apples
- Slice apples thinly with a mandolin or by hand approx 1/8 inch
- Lay slices out on baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper
(If you don’t have parchment paper, slices may stick to bake tray or aluminum foil)
- In a bowl, combine spices and coconut palm sugar
- Sprinkle spice mixture on top of apple slices
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on oven and desired crispiness. After 1 1/2 hours, check apples regularly
- Store in sealed jar for up to a few days
What are your favourite ways to enjoy apples?