This is the perfect sweet and yummy tea that soothes a sore throat and helps heal the cold and flu. This recipe makes enough to keep in a jar in your fridge that will last for weeks and intensifies the flavor.
Here are the health benefits of this tea:
- Antibacterial – prohibits the growth of certain bacteria.
- Eliminates free radicals in the body.
- Part of the nutrient supply for growth of new tissue.
- It destroys biologically destructive chemical agents which have been linked to many diseases.
- Strengthens your immunity system.
- Cleanses your stomach, aids in digestion and constipation.
- Treats of throat infections.
- Helps the body to fight diseases.
- Balances the PH level in the body.
- Antiviral and Antibacterial
- Eliminates toxins
- Reduces inflammation
- Nausea relief
- Stimulates circulation
- Improves circulation
- Supports the lymphatic system (to fight cold & flu)
- Improves digestion
- Aids sore throats and coughs
What you need to make the tea:
- 3/4 of a Lemon
- 1″ piece of Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tbsp honey
- 250 ml Jar with lid
1. Chop and grate ginger.
2. Squeeze juice from the lemon and chop it up, peel included.
3. Add honey to the jar and fill with lemon, ginger and cayenne.
4. Stir with a spoon, mashing the lemon and ginger to the bottom of the jar.
5. Stir and mix together until liquidy.
6. Scoop 1-2 heaping teaspoons into a hot cup of water.
7. Take a deep breath, sit and savor each sip in moments of relaxation (because you truly deserve it!).
Store covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The flavors will intensify the longer it sits.
Keep adding to the jar as it gets low.
For an added twist, add 6-10 fresh or frozen Raspberries: